Spicy Shrimp Tacos
This is a very tasty and very quick meal. For lunch just serve the tacos, to make it a full meal add refried beans, spanish rice or other sides.
Randy Hill, November 12, 2011
- 18 medium Shrimp (6 per taco)
- 1/4 tsp minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 3 Corn Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Thaw and shell the medium shrimp. 6 medium or 4 large shrimp per taco is about right.
- Toss the shrimp with a tablespoon oil, and the spices and garlic. There should be just enough oil to coat the shrimp so that the spices stick to them.
- Slice lettuce and shred the cheese (if not pre-shredded) and set aside.
- Heat skillet and lightly oil it so that there's enough oil to saute the shrimp.
- Saute the shrimp, and set aside when done, ~ 5 minutes
- Wipe out the skillet, scraping out any caked on spices.
- Return skillet to heat and heat each tortilla on both sides. You may need to lightly oil the skillet, but go easy on the oil as the corn tortillas will soak it up.
- Place the lettuce in the taco's, then the shrimp, cheese and salsa.
(c) 2015 Randy Hill