Another variation on Lentils. While there are a lot of Gobi Dal recipes on the internet this is closest to the one I found on http://www.indiasnacks.com. I'd serve this with Coconut Rice or if you're trying to cut back on "white" carbs you can serve alone.
- 1/3 cup dried Lentils
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1/2 medium Onion
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- Combine lentils and chicken stock and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Thaw the cauliflower and dice the onion.
- Saute the onion, cauliflower and garlic in 1 tsp oil.
- After the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes, add the spices and cashews. Mix well.
- Add the lentils which should still be soupy, if they have dried out add water.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes, or until the lentils are fully cooked.
- Add lemon juice and serve alone or with rice.
Glycemic Load: 25