If you enjoy pasta with Parmigiano-Reggiano, olive oil and wine then you should give this one a try! The lemon juice is needed to brighten up the flavors and cut through the olive oil and cheese.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Garlic
- 4 cups Chopped Kale
- 1/3 cup White Wine
- 1/3 cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 6 oz Linguine
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 wedge Lemon
- Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- Put water on for the linguine
- Wash and Chop 4 cups Kale
- Heat Olive Oil in a dutch oven or cast iron casserole over med-low heat.
- Add Red Pepper and garlic and let flavors meld with the oil.
- Add the chopped kale and stir to begin wilting the kale with the hot oil.
- Add the stock and wine, cover and simmer.
- When linguine is done and kale has softened, drain and add to the kale.
- Stir to mix well. Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese and add pepper to taste.
- Stir well and add extra olive oil of the linguine and kale seems too dry.
- Serve with parsley and the juice from the lemon wedge.
This recipe works with any leafy vegetable, whilst I like it best with Kale I've also made it with Spinach.