This recipe is based on a clipping I found in one of my cookbooks from Gourmet Magazine, October 2001
Randy Hill, January 21, 2014
- 1/6 cup Shallots or Onion
- 1/4 lb Crimini Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/3 cup Beef Broth
- 1/3 lb Steak, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Egg Noodles
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 tsp Dill
- Salt & Pepper
- lice the Mushrooms and Shallots and set aside.
- Put the water on for the noodles.
- In the small sauce pan melt 1 tbsp butter, add 1 tbsp flour and make a roux over med heat.
- Add 1/3 cup Beef Broth and simmer until well mixed. Remove from heat and set aside when done.
- Slice the steak into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet. When foaming subsides, brown the sliced steak. Remove steak and set aside.
- Saute Shallots in skillet, add Mushrooms when the shallots are lightly browned.
- Cook the egg noodles.
- Saute Mushrooms until liquid has evaporated. 5-10 mins.
- Return meat to the skillet and continue cooking.
- Reheat the roux, add Sour Cream, Mustard, Dill and salt & pepper to taste. When well combined add to skillet and mix together.
- Add noodles to the skillet when done and combine, or serve over noodles.
(c) 2015 Randy Hill