Pork Fried Rice
This recipe is inspired by the many fried rice recipes on the internet and a leftover ham in the refrigerator. It's high on sodium and cholesterol, but very tasty!
Randy Hill, April 2, 2012
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup chopped Red Pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped Carrots
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Red Chili Paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic
- 1 1/ 2 cups Ham
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 1/2 Bean Sprouts
- Cook 1 cup rice according to directions.
- Chop the Red Pepper, Onion and Carrots and set aside.
- Chop the Ham into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp Olive Oil in wok, add oil, garlic, chili paste and ham.
- Saute until ham is well cooked and has absorbed the spices.
- Remove ham, add a tsp olive oil and scramble two eggs.
- Add vegetables and cooked ham back to the wok and stir fry.
- Once rice is ready, add Soy & Fish Sauce to the Wok and stir well.
- Add the rice and mix until there are no clumps of white rice, all the rice should pick up some coloring from the vegetables and sauces.
- Add bean sprouts, cook until bean sprouts are slightly wilted.
Glycemic load: 61
(c) 2015 Randy Hill