I used Radicchio as it was cheaper than red cabbage. Cabbage or lettuce can be used as well. A stronger tasting fish will go well with the spicy white sauce.
Randy Hill, October 16, 2011
- 1/3 lb Fish
- Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 small Tortillas
- 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Lime
- 1/2 tsp diced Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/4 tsp diced Capers
- 1/8 tsp Oregano
- 1/8 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Dill
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Heat 2” canola oil in a saucepan to 375 degrees.
- While oil is heating make the white sauce by combining the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, capers, and spices. Mix well and set aside.
- Slice 1/4 cup Radiccio and roughly chop 2 tbsp cilantro.
- Cut fish into 1-2 inch cubes.
- Dredge fish in flour.
- When oil is 375 degrees, fry in two batches. Drain fish on paper towels.
- Warm tortilla in a med sauce pan.
- Fill tortilla’s with fish and radicchio. Pour white sauce over fish and garnish with Cilantro.
(c) 2015 Randy Hill