Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Having a jar of pureed chipotle chiles en adobo allows you to control the heat of these tacos. Using a small amount allows you to enjoy the flavors without being overpowered by the heat of the chipotles.
Randy Hill, November 4, 2011
- 1 chicken breast
- Canola Oil
- 2 tsp Pureed Chipotle Chiles en adobo
- 3-4 corn tortilla's
- Grated Cheese
- Puree the Chipotle Chiles en Adobo and set aside in a small jar, You'll only need a couple of teaspoons for this meal.
- Slice the lettuce and set aside.
- Dice the Chicken Breast and saute in oil. Continue to break the chicken into smaller pieces while cooking it. Ideally, you should have a small pan of 1/4-1/2" sized chunks of chicken.
- Add Black Pepper to taste. When lightly browned add 1 tsp of the Chipotle Puree and mix well. Taste and add more until it's hot enough for you. then put on very low heat to keep warm.
- In a cast iron skillet, saute each side of the corn tortilla's lightly oiling the skillet between each tortilla. Avoid using too much oil as the tortilla will soak it up.
- Once the tortilla's are done, assemble the tacos with the chicken, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
(c) 2015 Randy Hill