Moroccan Tagine Chicken
This recipe was inspired by Rachael Ray’s Quick Tagine-Style Chicken.
Randy Hill, September 20, 2011
- Olive oil
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 6 pitted prunes
- 1/8 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- 1/2 cup couscous
- Freshly ground or coarse pepper
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/16 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scallion
- Mango Chutney
- Mix cumin, paprika, coriander, turmeric & cinnamon together and set aside.
- Quarter and slice the onion then roughly chop dates and set aside.
- Chop chicken into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in small wok (enough to coat the area the chicken will be in, you can always add more if the chicken is sticking).
- Add chicken cooking over medium heat until golden brown and cooked through. Add pepper to taste while cooking.
- Add the onions, prunes and chicken stock along with the mixed spices.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until onions are cooked and sauce has thickened.
- Cook Couscous according to directions.
- To serve, mound couscous on plate and place chicken and sauce on top.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and cilantro and Mango Chutney on the side.
(c) 2015 Randy Hill