Moroccan Lemon & Olive Chicken
Depending on how lemony you like this you can add the juice from another 1/4 of a lemon. You may prefer more olives as well.
Randy Hill, October 27, 2011
- 1/4 tsp Spanish Paprika
- 1/6 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/16 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb Chicken (3 chicken tenders)
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 6 Green Olives
- 1 tbsp Golden Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Lemon, sliced
- 1/3 cup Couscous
- Slice onion and ¼ lemon both into thin slices (don’t loose the lemon juice when you do this!)
- Heat olive oil and first 6 spices in wok.
- When oil is hot add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Slice 1/2 of an onion and add onion and garlic to wok. Cook until softened over med heat.
- Add olives, raisin and water and simmer until sauce is reduced to a thick paste.
- Chop Parsley and Cilantro and add to sauce (about 1/3 cup total).
- While sauce is cooking, cook 1/3 cup Couscous
- Serve over Couscous
(c) 2015 Randy Hill