This isn't as spicy as the hot curry sauce I use for beef curry and you can order the sauce from Amazon.
Recipe is based on one from the Pataks' web site (http://www.pataks.co.uk)
- 1/2 med Onion
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 lb diced Beef
- 2 tbsp Madras Curry Paste
- 1/2 cup diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup Water
- Chop onions into 1” cubes
- Chop cubed beef into1” pieces
- Saute onion in oil
- Add Madras Curry Sauce and combine.
- Add beef and cook until seared
- Add water and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Begin cooking the rice.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer uncovered, about 10 minutes until beef is fully cooked and sauce has thickened.
- Serve curry over hot rice
Pataks Madras Curry Paste from Amazon.com