Seafood Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
My son wanted stuffed Portabella mushrooms instead of steak so I threw together a seafood stuffing for him. With the addition of some grilled vegetables it's a full meal.
- 2 large Portabella Mushroom caps
- 1 1/2 tbsp diced Celery
- 1 diced Green Onion
- 1/2 tsp minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 med Shrimp
- 1/2 tsp smoked Oyster (1 small)
- 1 tbsp lump Crab Meat
- 1 cup Stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- Dash Old Bay Seasoning
- Wash the mushroom caps and remove the stem.
- Saute the celery, green onion and garlic in the butter.
- Dice the shrimp and oyster and them and the crab meat to the pan.
- Saute until the shirmp is pink then add the stuffing mix and wine.
- Stir and cook until the wine is absorbed.
- Season with the Old Bay seasoning.
- Remove from heat.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and grill, flipping so that both sides have grill marks.
- Stuff each mushroom with half of the seafood stuffing mixture and continue grilling until done. (Mushrooms will have moisture under the stuffing and begin to “crinkle”. Don't overcook or they will be hard to remove from the grill as they'll be too soft.)
(c) 2015 Randy Hill