Instead of a Paella pan (haven't found one sized for a single serving
You can substitute diced tomatoes for tomato sauce and turmeric for saffron.
- 1/4 – 1/2 Link Chorizo (2-4 oz)
- 1/2 Chicken Breast
- 1/4 med Yellow Onion
- 1/4 tsp minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Chicken Stock
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice
- 4 Clams
- 4 Mussels
- 4 Shrimp
- 4 strips Roasted Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp frozen Peas
- 1/4 Lemon
- Slice Chorizo and cube chicken and set aside.
- Dice 1/4 med onion and set aside
- Wash clams, mussels and shell shrimp and set aside
- Thaw frozen peas.
- Toast saffron threads in a small pan on medium heat for approximately one minute or until darkened. Remove from heat an set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Brown Chorizo on both sides and set aside.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and brown all sides. Set aside with the Chorizo.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and saute.
- Add Tomato sauce, wine, stock, paprika and bring to a boil. Powder the toasted saffron and add to the skillet.
- When it comes to a boil add rice, stir, then place chicken and chorizo on top. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes (simmer).
- Add clams, mussels and shrimp simmer until all have opened. Add extra chicken stock if rice begins to dry out.
- Add peas and pepper strips and cook until rice begins to form a dark crust on the bottom of the pan and all liquid is absorbed. Be careful not to burn the rice.
- Serve with lemon wedge.