This recipe started out as a baked meal inspired by a recipe that appeared in Gourmet Magazine in October 2006. Turning it into a stove-top version makes it suitable for one.
If sauce has gotten dry waiting for the pasta to cook, you can use some of the pasta water to moisten it.
- Olive oil
- 1-2 Sweet Italian Sausages
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 Red Pepper
- 1/3 cup White Wine
- 1/8 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup Canned Whole Tomatoes & Juice (3 whole tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Penne or Ziti (uncoocked)
- Heat oil in wok while you remove casings from the sausage. Chop the sausage into thirds.
- Cook sausage, breaking it into large chunks until browned and cooked through, being careful not to burn the smaller pieces.
- While sausage is cooking, chop 1/4 Red Pepper into medium sized pieces 1/2 inch)
- When sausage is done, remove and set aside. Reduce heat to medium and add Red Pepper and garlic to the wok. Stir occasionally until just tender.
- While peppers are cooking, boil water for the pasta.
- Add wine and return the sausage to the pan and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add whole tomatoes and juice to pan, cook over medium heat, breaking up the tomatoes with your spoon.
- When water is boiling, cook pasta. When pasta is done drain and set aside.
- When sauce has thickened add pasta and cheese to the wok and toss until well coated. Garnish with additional cheese