Lime Chicken with Caribbean Madras Rice
A light summery dish that cooks up in under 30 minutes.
Randy Hill, October 4, 2011
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small Chicken Breast, butterflied
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp Coconut
- 2 tbsp crushed Pineapple
- Black Pepper
- Mango Chutney
- Chop 1/4 onion into small pieces, saute in 1 tbsp oil in sauce pan until softened.
- Add rice and stir to coat with oil about 2 minutes, then add Chicken Stock, raisins, pineapple and coconut. Stir to mix.
- When rice boils, reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed ~ 15 mins.
- Butterfly then saute chicken breast in olive oil. Add black pepper to taste.
- After chicken is browned on both sides, squeeze the juice on 1/2 a lime onto the chicken, reduce heat until rice is done. (turn heat off and cover if chicken begins to dry out.)
- When rice is done, mound rice on plate, arrange chicken breasts on top, Garnish with Mango Chutney and Cilantro.
(c) 2015 Randy Hill