Fried Udon Noodles
A simple Udon noodle dish inspired by Shanghai Fried Noodles from Christine's Recipes (http://en.christinesrecipes.com)
Randy Hill, August 31, 2014
- 3 oz sliced Pork Loin
- 1/2 tsp minced Garlic
- 4 oz Udon Noodles
- 2 cups sliced Cabbage
- 1-2 tsp Chili Bean Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/ 4 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/ 4 tsp Sugar
- 1/ 4 tsp White Pepper
- 1/ 2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 4 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/ 2 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/ 2 tsp Sugar
- 4 tsp Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- Put the water for the noodles on to boil.
- Mix the marinade in a small bowl,
- Mix the Sauce in another small bowl
- Slice the Pork Loin into thin strips and place in the marinade. Stir to coat well. There should be just enough to coat the pork. Set aside.
- Slice the cabbage into thin slices, 1/4” or thinner.
- Heat the Wok and add enough oil to keep the Pork from sticking.
- Cook the marinated pork until done and remove.
- Add more oil and quickly saute the garlic, then add the sliced cabbage and stir fry until wilted.
- In the meantime cook the noodles according to the directions. 3-4 minutes and remove and rinse.
- As soon as the cabbage is wilted, but still has a little crunch, add the noodles and the sauce.
- Stir to coat well. Add the pork and season with the Chili Bean Sauce. Stir well, then serve.
(c) 2015 Randy Hill