Converting to hRecipe format

What started as a simple project got rather involved.  I decided to adopt the hRecipe microformat that Google requires to get onto their recipe search page.  That ended up requiring me to enable Google+ on my families Google Apps domain (fortunately Google finally allowed App users to get Google+ on Thursday!), testing the 5 hRecipe compatible WordPress Plugins (discovered that only the ZipList Recipe Plugin works with Google, fixing my blog so that Google can find track my posts to my Google Profile using the rel=”me” tags.

Whew, now I’ve got to reenter all of my recipes.  Half way there!

If anyone uses ZipList to prepare their shopping lists and to track their recipes let me know.  I haven’t enabled those capabilities as I didn’t like the idea of having links on my blog that prompted you to create an account at ZipList.

Randy Hill

About Randy Hill

I live in New England and write about cooking meals for one. Follow Randy Hill on Google+.
This entry was posted in Musings. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.